Maintain the Memories
Posted by Sharon
Each summer, the Alumnae of Camp Crestridge come together for a weekend and clean camp like crazy. They come in on a Friday night, eat dinner and fellowship, then work all day Saturday painting, raking, spreading mulch, cleaning, etc. They finish the day with a beautiful campfire. Then on Sunday, they have Chapel and say their goodbyes. It’s really a mini Reunion so you don’t have to wait 5 years to come back to camp. We are so grateful for the work they do because it allows us to have more training time during Staff Week instead of spending the whole week to clean camp.
Here’s a flyer that was sent out recently on Facebook:
JOIN US FOR OUR ANNUAL WORK WEEKEND IN THE MOUNTAINS. MAINTAIN THE MEMORIES WEEKEND, MAY 28-30, 2010
BRING YOUR TOOLS AND GLOVES, WEAR YOUR GRUBBIES AND PREPARE TO BE A PART OF SPRUCING UP CAMP. LODGING IS AT THE CONFERENCE CENTER AND THEY HAVE GIVEN US A RATE OF $35 A NIGHT PER ROOM.
We are feeding you Friday night off the grill at camp. FREE MEALS at the Conference Center. Pizza lunch in the camp dining hall on Saturday-when was the last time you got to eat in the dining hall?? (We will purchase your meal ticket for Saturday and Sunday.) Remember, mileage, meals and lodging are tax deductible.
SCHOLARSHIP UPDATE We are only $4,000 short of the 2010 goal. Don’t miss the chance to make a difference in a girl’s life. Even the smallest donation will help.And, as always whether or not you can make it in person this year, we give you a chance to make a donation toward the weekend. We also ask for your prayers.
_________ Yes, I’ll be there
_______ I’d like to sponsor a worker for the weekend with a $40 donation
______I’d like to make a contribution toward expenses for the weekend
_________ I’d like to make a donation to the Arvine Bell scholarship fund
Please return by May 15 To: Karen Aiken 463 Ben Ave. Lilburn, GA 30047 or just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
TOP 10 REASONS TO COME TO MTM
10. Reconnect with old camp friends and make new ones.
9. Play in the creek.
8. Sleep in bunk beds at the Conference Center.
7. On the mountaintop, you feel closer to God and forget about the outside world.
6. Spend the weekend with people who “get” camp.
5. Spread mulch with 50 of your closest friends.
4. Brush up on your 4-square skills.
3. Shop at the camp store and add to your Crestridge t-shirt collection.
2. You don’t have to wait five years for the next reunion; it’s a mini-reunion every year.
1. Sing songs, campfire and s’mores!