Another Crestridge Recipe
Posted by Karah
Another dish the girls learned this summer in the cooking skill was fried chicken (serving for 6). Below is the recipe we used here at camp.
Flour (all purpose)
3/4 cup buttermilk or low fat buttermilk
1. Dip chicken in batter.
2. Place flour in a ziploc bag then drop chicken into bag and shake.
3. Heat cooking oil to 375 degrees in an electric skillet.
4. Fry chicken to a golden brown (turn chicken more than once to cook thoroughly).
5. Drain on a brown paper sack or paper towels.
6. Wow your friends with your amazing culinary talent!!
Posted in News | Tagged Camp Crestridge, Crestridge cooking skill, Crestridge recipes, Ridgecrest Summer Camps
One thought on “Another Crestridge Recipe”
I attended Camp Crestridge for several years from the early 70’s until the early 80’s. I started when I was a Chippewa and ended when I was a Cherokee. We used to cook a dish on the campfire with hamburger meat, cheese, and maybe corn. I just remember it was really good. If you know or can find out the recipe can you send it to me please? I have such fond memories of camp and would love to share this recipe with my family.
-Tammy Taggart Williams