Here’s one final recipe from the Crestridge kitchen for this summer…Pigs in a blanket!
1 can original crescent rolls
1 package cocktail sausages
Pam cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut each triangle into 4 smaller triangles.
3. Roll sausage inside triangle from the base to the tip
4. Cook about 12 minutes, depending on desired browness.
That’s all of the recipes for this summer. The cooking skill was a favorite and will definitely be back on the agenda next summer. With it will come new recipes for all you campers and camp friends to enjoy!!
Here’s yet another recipe from the Crestridge kitchen that is easy and tastes great:
Large Velveeta cheese
2 Cans of Rotel
Pam cooking spray
Armour Chili (optional)
1. Microwave cheese in a bowl (sprayed with Pam) on medium until soft.
2. Stir after 2 minutes . Place bowl back in microwave for 2 more minutes.
3. Spray a crockpot with Pam and heat Rotel on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat and add microwaved cheese. Stir. Chili maybe be added if desired.
Another recipe to come in the next few days.
Want another addition for that Crestridge recipe book I’m sure you’ve started by now?! On today’s agenda is Vegetable Salsa (serving for 6).
1 green, red and orange bell pepper (add more if desired), chopped
1 purple onion and 1 yellow onion, chopped
1 can of black beans (drain)
1 large can of rotel
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Chill overnight.
Yes, it really is that easy and it tastes amazing!! More recipes to follow in the upcoming days!
Flour (all purpose)
3/4 cup buttermilk or low fat buttermilk
1. Dip chicken in batter.
3. Heat cooking oil to 375 degrees in an electric skillet.
4. Fry chicken to a golden brown (turn chicken more than once to cook thoroughly).
5. Drain on a brown paper sack or paper towels.
6. Wow your friends with your amazing culinary talent!!
The cooking skill is a new one for this summer and has quickly become a favorite among the campers (and staff too). The items made are very simple and can easily be made in your home! To help that happen, we’ll be posting some of the recipes here on the blog. The first one up is Chicken Enchiladas:
Ingredients are as follows (serving for 6):
Chicken breast fillets, cooked (we used a crockpot)
2 sticks of butter
1 large can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 package soft flour tortillas
1 can of Rotel
1 package of Mexican or Cheddar Shredded
1. Tear soft tortillas into bite size pieces
2. Place in a pan coated with Pam cooking spray
3. First layer is cooked chicken (cut into small pieces)
4. Next layer Cream of Chicken Soup…and broth from chicken
5. Sprinkle cheese on top
6. Bake 20 min. on 350 degree oven.
The campers certainly enjoyed it here and we hope you enjoy it in your home as well!! More recipes coming soon…