Shout it Out
Posted by Karah
Start your quiet time by listening to an old hymn that tells the story of the gospel, like “Blessed Redeemer.” Ask God for opportunities to share God’s grace with others this week.
Think about the things you post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other social media sites. What are some of the things you are most eager to share? List a few below.
Read and study Psalm 107:1-3. These verses point to something those who have been redeemed by God should be doing. Underline it in your Bible when you find it.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord proclaim that He has redeemed them from the hand of the foe and has gathered them from the lands— from the east and the west, from the north and the south.” —Psalm 107:1-3
Consider these questions:
- What do these verses teach you about God’s character?
- Why is that good news that the world needs to hear? Explain.
- How has God been good to you? List some recent examples of ways you’ve experienced His goodness.
- Those whom God has rescued from sin should always be talking about His goodness. Look over the list you created earlier. Who in your life needs to hear how God has been good to you? Jot down a couple of names below. Commit to share with them this week!
- Read Psalm 107 in its entirety. This psalm details four different kinds of people who were in distress, yet God rescued them. Memorize the verses that speak to you.
Behind the Story
As a punishment for their disobedience, God allowed Israel to be taken captive in Babylon (2 Chron. 36:15-23). But just as He predicted (Isa. 45:1-7), God raised up a king, Cyrus to set his people free (Isa. 45:1-17). This psalm specifically refers to God’s deliverance of Israel from the distress in Babylon. His purpose in their redemption was so they could proclaim His goodness. Why does today’s world need to hear about God’s goodness?
God redeems His people so they may speak of His goodness.
Posted in Devotions, Girls | Tagged Camp Crestridge for Girls, Reprinted from ec magazine. © 2012 LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention. Used by permission., Ridgecrest Summer Camps, Weekly Devotions