Hey Camp Family!
Our Fall Bear Tracks Newsletter was just mailed out! For those who were not at camp this past summer, we wanted to give you an opportunity to see it! We’re bringing the Cherokee Wilderness program back this coming summer so be sure to read more about it! You’ll also want to check out our upcoming Sockwar Challenge! We’re almost to the halfway point to summer. It’ll be here before we know it!
Here is the blog post you need to complete the on-line scavenger hunt we had in the Spring Bear Tracks you recently received. If you didn’t receive the Bear Tracks, you can still complete this challenge! Complete this scavenger hunt and be the first one to email the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could win $50 to the camp store. (Please put your name in the email along with the answers numbered to match the blanks!) To do the on-line scavenger hunt follow the clues below and answer each question. The links will take you to different websites to find the answer for each blank! Have fun!
My Ideal Day at Camp
The first thing I want to hear in the morning is the sound of the Blank 1 ___Blank 2_and Marva’s voice ringing loudly over the speaker. All morning when I am at skills I think about Blank 3 Blank 4 Blank 5 . That is just what I need to give me the energy I need for my favorite activity – sock war! The only problem is that I have a sweet tooth, but that will be Blank 6 by going to the Blank 7 to get some Reese’s Cups. After working up a sweat during sock war, it feels great to Blank 8 into the nice cool lake. After free swim, a few friends and I go find Blank 9 Blank 10 and start building the Blank 11 so we can cook Blank 12 Blank 13 . But we can’t hang around for too long because we get to go sing campfire songs with Blank 14 Blank 15. There is no better way to end the day than to sit by the fire and watch the Blank 16 float into the starry sky.
- Blank 1 & 2– What is the first thing listed on the “Typical schedule” here: http://www.ridgecrestcamps.com/girls/program/day_at_camp.shtml?
- Blank 3 – What is the main kind of meat this carrier offers: meat carrier?
- Blank 4 – What is a word that means, “Having a soft or yielding texture”? (Hint: you can use Google to help you.)
- Blank 5 – What day is two days after Sunday?
- Blank 6 – Follow this link: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+17:15&version=NIV1984 to the New International Version of Psalm 17:15. What word in this passage could also mean “content”?
- Blank 7 – Go to this picture on the Camp Crestridge for Girls Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151220240870188&set=pu.96538800187&type=1&theater. What building is this a part of?
- Blank 8 – Watch the video on the Blog for January 30th called, “These are a few of my favorite things.” http://girlsblog.ridgecrestcamps.comcategory/girls/ The 2nd to last camper on the video says she likes two things “_______ and being in the cabin with friends.” What is the first thing she says she likes?
- Blank 9 – First word: opposite of wet: _____________;
- Blank 10 – Second word: What is this website giving you information about: information?
10. Blank 11 – According to this website, (dwelling places), what are Plains Indian’s dwelling places?
11. Blank 12 – This is a kind of car that is a mix between an SUV and a standard car. An example is a Buick enclave.
12. Blank 13 – One of the fireside “desserts” we eat at camp: fireside dessert
13. Blank 14 – 1st word: what are the girls doing in this video: Crestridge Video Blog ?
15. Blank 16 – What is something that is in a fire? online dictionary
Don’t forget to e-mail your answers to email@example.com! First person to send us the correct answers will win $50 to our camp store!