On-line Scavenger Hunt ChallengePosted by Karah
Here is the blog post you need to complete the on-line scavenger hunt we had in the Spring Bear Tracks you recently received. If you didn’t receive the Bear Tracks, you can still complete this challenge! Complete this scavenger hunt and be the first one to email the answers to email@example.com and you could win $50 to the camp store. (Please put your name in the email along with the answers numbered to match the blanks!) To do the on-line scavenger hunt follow the clues below and answer each question. The links will take you to different websites to find the answer for each blank! Have fun!
My Ideal Day at Camp
The first thing I want to hear in the morning is the sound of the Blank 1 ___Blank 2_and Marva’s voice ringing loudly over the speaker. All morning when I am at skills I think about Blank 3 Blank 4 Blank 5 . That is just what I need to give me the energy I need for my favorite activity – sock war! The only problem is that I have a sweet tooth, but that will be Blank 6 by going to the Blank 7 to get some Reese’s Cups. After working up a sweat during sock war, it feels great to Blank 8 into the nice cool lake. After free swim, a few friends and I go find Blank 9 Blank 10 and start building the Blank 11 so we can cook Blank 12 Blank 13 . But we can’t hang around for too long because we get to go sing campfire songs with Blank 14 Blank 15. There is no better way to end the day than to sit by the fire and watch the Blank 16 float into the starry sky.
- Blank 1 & 2– What is the first thing listed on the “Typical schedule” here: http://www.ridgecrestcamps.com/girls/program/day_at_camp.shtml?
- Blank 3 – What is the main kind of meat this carrier offers: meat carrier?
- Blank 4 – What is a word that means, “Having a soft or yielding texture”? (Hint: you can use Google to help you.)
- Blank 5 – What day is two days after Sunday?
- Blank 6 – Follow this link: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+17:15&version=NIV1984 to the New International Version of Psalm 17:15. What word in this passage could also mean “content”?
- Blank 7 – Go to this picture on the Camp Crestridge for Girls Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151220240870188&set=pu.96538800187&type=1&theater. What building is this a part of?
- Blank 8 – Watch the video on the Blog for January 30th called, “These are a few of my favorite things.” http://girlsblog.ridgecrestcamps.comcategory/girls/ The 2nd to last camper on the video says she likes two things “_______ and being in the cabin with friends.” What is the first thing she says she likes?
- Blank 9 – First word: opposite of wet: _____________;
- Blank 10 – Second word: What is this website giving you information about: information?
10. Blank 11 – According to this website, (dwelling places), what are Plains Indian’s dwelling places?
11. Blank 12 – This is a kind of car that is a mix between an SUV and a standard car. An example is a Buick enclave.
12. Blank 13 – One of the fireside “desserts” we eat at camp: fireside dessert
13. Blank 14 – 1st word: what are the girls doing in this video: Crestridge Video Blog ?
14. Blank 15 – What is the name of a Native American Leader (wikipedia ) and also the name of a kind of tree (wikipedia)
15. Blank 16 – What is something that is in a fire? online dictionary
Don’t forget to e-mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org! First person to send us the correct answers will win $50 to our camp store!
Posted in Girls, News | Tagged Bear Tracks, Camp, Challenge, Crestridge, Girls, Ridgecrest Summer Camps, Scavenger Hunt, Store | Leave a reply
Update on The Beehive ConstructionPosted by Karah
Since the last update on the Beehive, things are still moving along quite nicely! We have had some rainy days, which doesn’t help the workers out a whole lot, but we have also had some beautiful days, too. I’m sure they are enjoying the warmer temperatures we have been having this week, though! Since our last construction blog, quite a bit has happened. The porch and railings are finished that surround the building. They have also finished putting the green metal roof on – and it looks great! The steps and the ramp up to the porch have been built, as well as the steps up to what will be the Crestridge Museum. The windows and doors have also been installed and look good! Currently the electrician is working inside so we can have some power in The Beehive. Things are going well. We are excited for everyone to see it in person, but until then, hopefully these pictures will give you an idea of what it’s looking like!
For more pictures of the Beehive construction, check our Facebook page.
Posted in News | Tagged Beehive Construction, Camp Crestridge, construction, Ridgecrest Summer Camps, Store, The Beehive | Leave a reply
2012 Clothing PossibilitiesPosted by Sharon
We need your help! We are currently looking at clothing options for the store this summer. Instead of just choosing what we think looks good, we want to hear your thoughts. So, we have a 5 question survey for you. Please help us out by clicking on the following link to see some designs and choose what you like best!
A special “Thanks” goes to Caroline Knowles for modeling these items!
Posted in Girls, News | Tagged Camp Crestridge, Clothing, Crestridge clothing, Ridgecrest Summer Camps, Store, Survey | Leave a reply
Remembering the PastPosted by Sharon
As you may know, our beloved Store was recently taken down in order to build a bigger, better Store. Most of us aren’t aware of what the Store once was. After digging through old pictures, I found one that reveals its history.
The Store used to be the Staff Lounge back in the day. This picture was taken in the 1960’s. It used to be an open room with furniture, books, and the signature pay phone. According to Anja Cleveland, if a staffer wanted to make a phone call, they had to wait in line and everyone would end up hearing their conversation. Campers were rarely allowed inside. As a camper, Rhonda Smith went in only once and that was to give her counselor a perm!
At that time, the clothing was sold in a small building behind the Dining Hall called “The Beehive”. The small building was where the Crafts building is now.
After the Staff Lounge was moved, it turned into the Store; a place where we currently give out candy and drinks and sell camp clothing. The Store had a more official name which was “Crestridge Cupboard”.
Before we tore down the Store, we wanted to take out anything salvageable. This was the last picture taken of the Store.
That building held a lot of memories! We were sad to see it go, but just wait until you see what is taking its place! Check back soon to see pictures of the progress.
Posted in Girls, News | Tagged Beehive, Camp, Camp Crestridge, Camp Crestridge for Girls, Christian Camping, Crestridge, Cupboard, Ridgecrest Summer Camps, Staff Lounge, Store | Leave a reply