New Year’s Resolutions for CampPosted by Sharon
Have you made any New Year’s resolutions? Now’s the time to do so. It’s always a challenge to keep up with them throughout the year but it’s a good way to challenge yourself to do something new or different! Here are 8 resolution ideas to get you ready for camp this summer!
1. Walk up and down at least one staircase a day to get your legs ready for the hikes and climbs around camp.
2. Learn how to build a fire with wet wood so you can be prepared for those rainy Tuesday night cookouts!
3. Sit outside for two hours every afternoon with your Chacos on so you can get a good Chaco tan!
4. Stretch for 10 minutes every Sunday night so you can maximize your dance moves for Singspiration.
5. Find a trampoline and learn how to do the “flying squirrel” so you can do it off the diving board.
6. Work up to running 20mph so you can keep up with Scout.
7. Drink 64 oz of water a day so you can stay hydrated this summer.
8. Do this for 20 minutes a day to build up your arm strength the endless hours of 4-square.
Good luck with your New Year’s resolutions!
Posted in Girls, News | Tagged 4-Square, Chacos, Cookouts, Hikes, New Year's, Resolutions, Scout | Leave a reply
11 Signs You Are A Crestridge Girl Stuck In The Real WorldPosted by Karah
1. When you see other girls at school with Chacos, you automatically assume that they are a camp girl.
2. Your room decorations include camp friend pictures, crafts you’ve made in crafts skill, and a Crestridge sweatshirt blanket.
3. Building a campfire for your family night isn’t just as simple as building a fire. There is a technique: brumble briar, bridge, tepee, etc.
4. You have a collection of photos of your counselors from every summer hung up either on your refrigerator or desk.
5. When you see your camp friends outside of camp, it’s better than a Christmas present!
6. When you’re singing happy birthday to a friend or family member, you always insert “in the lake”, despite not having access to any lake close by.
7. Your favorite Christmas present was your Eno hammock, and you can’t wait for the day when you find your personal Eno spot somewhere on your village hill.
8. You frequently feel the need to stand on your chair during meals and sing your village cheer.
9. When you see someone out in public who is wearing a white shirt and green shorts, you wonder why they are dressed for Council of Progress on a Saturday.
10. Your daily wardrobe usually always consists of either a camp t-shirt, camp shorts, camp sweatpants, or a camp hat.
11. You have a countdown of days until camp going on your phone or in your planner from the time you left camp.
Posted in Girls, News | Tagged Campfire, Chacos, Crestridge, Eno, friends, Summer | Leave a reply