The SALT program is a unique Service And Leadership Training experience for girls completing their junior year in high school. The SALTs serve in a variety of ways around camp including dishes, preparing for campwides, spending time with campers and so much more. We are so excited to have these girls join us this summer!
Session 1 & 2
Session 3 & 4
Batch 2 of 2017 Staffers is UP! 2017 Staff Bios
Hang on. Wait a minute. Keep reading!
We just wanted to let you in on a little something about this summer’s staff. We have a top secret, staff facebook group, and we are already talking about this summer! We are getting to know each other. And let us tell YOU! They are FUN. They are EXCITED. And GOD is getting them ready for an incredible summer with you! They are looking forward to being silly with you. They are looking forward to sitting and talking about life with you. They are looking forward to sharing God’s word and Jesus with you. But that isn’t the best part…
Do you know what all of that means? That means that GOD is looking forward to making all of this happen because He loves you. Not because you’ve done anything to make Him love you, but because He just loves you because He loves you. Before He planned out this summer and got all of these counselors and staff to get ready for you this summer, He sent HIS ONLY SON for YOU so that you could KNOW HIM NOW!
Moms, Dads, and Campers. Camp and all of the things here and even your amazing counselors do not compare to how great Jesus is and how much He loves you and has sacrificed (If you don’t know what this word means, ask someone! It’s a beautiful word!) to love you. He loves you more than you know. And we can’t wait to share more of that with you! Sometimes life is great fun, and sometimes it’s pretty rough, but one thing is always true. If you know Jesus as your savior, HE IS ALWAYS WITH YOU.
Romans 5:8 “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
See you so so so soon! Only 94 more days till Session 1!!
#5: If you can’t be at your favorite place, you might as well read about it!
#4: Green & White is obviously everyone’s favorite colors!
#3: We spend hours coming up with fun things to share with you to keep you excited about the summer!
#2: Who knows, if you comment on our posts and ask Amanda and Grace to do something crazy, they may actually do it!
And last but certainly not least (maybe even the best reason)…
#1: Scout reads it, why shouldn’t you?
As camp is approaching, we are getting so excited to see our team of staff come together, and we know you all are excited to meet them. We have put together Staff Bios so that you can learn a little bit about each of the summer staffers, and we would love for you all to check them out! Go to http://girls.ridgecrestcamps.com/staff/2016-staff-bios to “meet” the latest staff!
1. When you see other girls at school with Chacos, you automatically assume that they are a camp girl.
2. Your room decorations include camp friend pictures, crafts you’ve made in crafts skill, and a Crestridge sweatshirt blanket.
3. Building a campfire for your family night isn’t just as simple as building a fire. There is a technique: brumble briar, bridge, tepee, etc.
4. You have a collection of photos of your counselors from every summer hung up either on your refrigerator or desk.
5. When you see your camp friends outside of camp, it’s better than a Christmas present!
6. When you’re singing happy birthday to a friend or family member, you always insert “in the lake”, despite not having access to any lake close by.
7. Your favorite Christmas present was your Eno hammock, and you can’t wait for the day when you find your personal Eno spot somewhere on your village hill.
8. You frequently feel the need to stand on your chair during meals and sing your village cheer.
9. When you see someone out in public who is wearing a white shirt and green shorts, you wonder why they are dressed for Council of Progress on a Saturday.
10. Your daily wardrobe usually always consists of either a camp t-shirt, camp shorts, camp sweatpants, or a camp hat.
11. You have a countdown of days until camp going on your phone or in your planner from the time you left camp.